Monday, December 26, 2005

It's been a while, but I haven't wanted , had no time or no privacy to blog...

I'm in Canada now... Arrived sometime like 28/11/2005 Singapore time, 27th November here...

I was supposed to go to some private boarding school (almost did). The school was like some Asian Gang Headquarters. Everyone there is from Asia, Pakistan, China, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Dubai, Vietnam...(you get what i mean)...I was like...I'm dead. The main language they speak was their native languages...how charming... I got signed up (sort of as my parents didn't pay the fees yet) and also signed up for a Biology 12 course (JC biology) to have 3/4 completed by end December to take the test in the beginning of February... I really felt depressed...the text book was the size of 2 science textbooks and the words were small. So after that stayed in some inn for 1 to 2 days(met a friend of my mom for jap food and a friend of my dad's for dimsum) then went to drive to where my dad stayed.It was Snowing...which never happened for like a decade, at least not so early.

I went to the place where my dad was putting up at,Kelowna, British Columbia. A some 4 hour ride East of Vancouver. He was living in some dingy one room apartment, and was like o.o how could someone ever live like this? the kitchen was untidy, there were no tables, chairs... the tv from the 1980's (which is pretty common here as i found out later) was propped up on a cardboard box placed atop 2 pails...not going to say anymore...horrible..eventhough we aren't that well off...There was no reason to live like that...

So me and my mum settled in...I'm sleeping on an airbed in the living room- I refused all persuation so sleep in this stuffy room. Well....I didn't settle in that well, Suffered bad homesickness (sleeplessness, not eating, to the extremes etc.etc.) and was like sulking all the time and getting used to my dad (which i quickly found out will NEVER happen) whom i didn't like much.

The first week was sort of bad for me...i forgot God's love and to trust in him. My life was upside down, i felt that God had abandoned me and that I was going to die. Felt very lonely here without my bros and friends...
Firstly because we just finished our O'levels where we grew really close through studying together and getting to know each other really well. Especially with the gang and all my bros =) And Secondly with graduation night and the parties etc.

So i really lost any connection with God for that one week. Through the reassurances of God and my bros (especially a letter which i took my time in taking out...) , i started feeling much better...slowly...I felt really horrible for forgetting and not trusting God and asked Him for His forgiveness and for his help to remind me to think of Him and His Majesty whenever i feel down. And i also want to apologise for doubting all of you who where there for me .

So like after 4 days there, my parents brought me to see the university that they wanted me to go to and talked to the councillor and she recommended a school in the vicinity... My parents drove around with me in tow the next day and guess what...they saw the school that the councillor mentioned and were like how about we go take a look...0.0...i was like no way man....not another weird school.So we went in and talked to the vice principal (who was something like Mr Eng in a Canadian sort of way) who was really accommodating, about the NS ruling (you guys feel the same way...) and my lack of time as i was so unfortunate to be born in February. He said that he would talk to the school board (0.0) and see what he could do.

That was on Friday and the following week, Tuesday, while I was at Vernon, a town North of Kelowna, a 45 min drive away, at 1530, he called and wanted to meet with me by 1700...I was like o.o : man... this guy was really efficient which is really rare here... So we went back to the school and bam..." Welcome to Rutland Senior Secondary....You start school tomorrow at 0855, be here at 0845 so we can finalize the subjects that you are taking for the remainder of this semester and we can introduce you to the class" o.o -Reminds me of how i got into ACS (Barker Road)

So, the next day, I went to see the different possibilities of classes i could take of which I choose ART, Studio Graphics (which is essentially ART on the computer) CAPP which is some compulsory learning how to get a job...and required you to work 30hrs to graduate, and Social Studies which was essentially Canadian History. Actually when i said i choose, i did so because i had no choice. I had to have them to fufill the Graduation requirement to get my diploma...

I had to complete my Biology on my own because they didn't have the Provincial exam (which is like a state exam) in April (where i would be taking Chemistry 12, Math 12, Social Studies 11 and English 12 (which is literature which i haven't done since 2 years ago) all comparable to JC standard, which i would be starting in February) and i had to take it in February... Suicide mission eh? Yep 2 months to complete 1 JC subject and 2.5 months to complete 4 full subjects, one of which is completely unknown to me... I knew i was mad to be coerced to come here...

So I started school, which was okay... I didn't get picked on probably because i was this tall chinese guy (chinese are usually short...haha) who could speak perfect english (People don't know where Singapore is and Singaporeans speak japanese or chinese). But there was this one guy who said "hand over your money man", some latino looking dude,... I said yeah right and walked away...

I got to know a couple of people, smokers, typical teens who want piercings all over, and smart people and jocks. It's okay really...i hope (I've only been in school for 1.5 weeks)...I don't know how i am going to cope...

For Christmas, I got a grudgingly bought E-Rokr ($CA 99 not including the 3 year plan) from my parents...thats about all i noe...the rest is back in Singapore...

I will trust in my Lord, my God for He is good and has never failed me.

Lord, help me to never forget you and to turn to you in all that I do. I thank You for all the things that You have done for me and also for Guiding me through out my life. I thank you for my bros, my friends and everyone else who has touched my life one way or another. Lord Jesus You are Holy and I will Praise and Glorify your name all the days of my life.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie done on green pastures, He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He Guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup flows over.
Surely Goodness and Love shall follow me all the days of my life.
And i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever

Paslm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Godbless

Bp


Profile


bp
02021989
17

Anglo Chinese School (Barker Road)
University of British Columbia (Okanagan)


WISH LIST
-learn to play guitar (well)
-be a good boy
-find God's calling for me
-Survive in Canada
-My own Guitar
-Fender Stratocaster
-Learn to drive
-Learn to snowboard and ski
-Get a dog
-Library of Bibles
-Go to Australia for my post graduate studies by getting a scholarship from the singapore government...ahahah
-Go back to singapore for christmas









Mates:
BAng, DavidWong, Deschew, , Howard, James, Joezer, Justin, Mei, Melody, NaiDu, Shaun, Sianghui, Spenser, Zee, Bible, [SF], Mr Miyagi, Mr Brown, Little Cart Noodles , Tomorrow.sg , Razer Pro|Solutions™






















October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 October 2005 December 2005 January 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 August 2007 November 2007 April 2010 December 2014





All song are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. Music posted here is posted because i like the songs, not for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the composer, copyright owner, record company or a seriously offended fan of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or any form of media that i post on my blog, please contact me at benjaminyqw@gmail.com if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed.
Disclaimer
Anyone who reads/tags/clicks on any links or interacts in anyway whatsoever do not know me and forgo their right to legal action of any sort against anything i say, post, tag or link to the blog. Anyone who visits this blog and are offended by it only have the right to engage in meaningful intellectual and productive reasoning with me as to anything they find disagreeable with the blog. They have to deal with me directly and cannot go through a third party (Police, you parents, your relatives etc) unless it is a friend who would like to exchange meaningful banter or a pastor who i will hear out. The name used in this blog is a fake name created by me and cannot be used against me in the court of law. Any information also cannot be used against me in anyway as i am a ghost writer who writes for ghosts. By visiting this blog, you inherently adhere to these conditions should you read this disclaimer or not.


Amusing though the disclaimer is, the author means every word of it. The author does not take resposibility for any injury/ailment caused from the reading of this disclaimer and does not reccommend an overdose of laughter eventhough he believes that laughter is the best medicine together without taking any medicine. So, laughing to death is not the author's responsibility either as it's a good thing and too much of a good thing,which is bad, needs to be regulated by the individual who laugh's himself. The ghost in charge of this blog is whitepaint and he will dilute and erase any colour trying to discolour him. The ghost is represented by the dog above. The dog above is subjected to his legal rights and shall not be abused in anyway by visitors to this blog. If report of abuse reaches the author, he will not hesitate to take legal action against the guilty party with the dog and God as witnesses.

(c) bp 2004